Monday, May 15, 2006

Follow The Yellow Brick Road...to the toilet

Well we've been to Oz..and very nice it was too. I have been to school productions before and I have to say this was the BEST. The cringe-o-meter didn't go off once.
I have seen much much worse adult productions. Launcestion Players have some talent to recruit!!! Our Munchkins were terriffic and we could even tell who they were despite distance and makeup.
Our section of the audience were also terriffic. Although some of hte youger members could hve gone home at interval ...once everyone got to Oz they were happy but they managed to cope with another hour or so and someone only had to go to the toilet about every 25 seconds!!!! I managed to hold on...NO WAY I was using toilets after 100 children under the age of 8!!!!!
No work was achieved when we got back to school so Friday was all about Oz. NO spelling tests...and this is Wednesday and I still haven't caught up on them which burns my soul!!!!!
A weekend that can best be described with the words -soup-dinners- napping.
Big excursion on Monday. The class was sooooo good on Friday that I didn't have to leave anyone behind ar school which was good.
It was an excellent day. 2paw got to exersise her teacher muscles ...no they aren't a bit rusty...and the Principal got to be a helper too. No actual parent help (or parent hinderance) so everything was very ordered and calm.
I can highly recommend that everyone go and see Michael make lollies at the Gourlays factory near the Windmill. It is free and very interesting and we left smelling like giant raspberry drops....could be worse I guess.!!! The Grahame Base display at the Museum is great and I wish we had been able to spend all day at the Gun Powder Mill...I could think of tonnes of ideas but our time was limited. All in all I am almost sad that all my excursion budget is gone so this class can't go on any more excursions this year. Of course there was a group off to the Princess Theatre to sing in the competitions today and the Gd 5s have 5/6 sport so they aren't exactly trapped in the class room for ever more. They'll survive. I only go on Excursions if there is a high educational outcome and I am too worn out to think of any more now!!!! Parent teacher interviews coming up...loads to do for that . Probably should be working on my notes instead of blogging but as predicted it is a bit addictive and so I am doing this instead quite happily. I haven't emailed anyone in a couple of weeks. I can't bring myself to retype news...I think my family will just have to read my blog...although perhaps I will just cut and paste bits into an email for Mum...she wont be amused with the imaginary husband or drinking with the phone-a-friend ideas!!!!!!
Ok...biting the bullet....P/T notes are a must.....off to conquer the department online reporting system once more. Bring on the chocolate and vodka...it's gonna be a long couple of nights.
( Other advantages of imaginary husbands - when you really have to concentrate they don't turn up the telly, require assistance to find anything right there in front of them in the fridge or complain about how much time you spend on your job!!!!!!)
TTFN

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger 2paw said...

I think exercising my teaching muscles is the ONLY exercise I get these days!!! Vodka and chocolate : the world's not all bad then!!!!
Apparently, to a Labrador, raspberry lolly smell is the bee's knees!!!!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Suzi said...

Are you still in the toilet Mrs Macgyver? Are you stuck? Do you need assistance?

We've all been wondering what's happened to you!

I second the Honourable Cindy: Vodka!

Suzi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home