Saturday, July 08, 2006

Cuties and Technology

Well all is now revealed.
The new Dr. is here and he is sooooooooo cute.
Did enjoy the first episode immensely …even though……and yes I am rubbing it in…2paw and I saw it last night at the ABC. It was excellent both times. Amazing what a man in jim jams can accomplish. Plenty of little references to other things we know and love.

2paw let me have copies of her pics..sadly blogger isnt so accommodating....maybe tomorrow...maybe if I hold my tounge out the other side of my mouth as I type it will help....nope...didnt.

We are overwhelmed by good new season episodes since Stargate started last week. Ben Browder is a particularly stunning addition to SG1 (nice arms and hopefully he’ll get his kit off soon)
Pirates of The Carribean is tomorrows excitement. There is a danger I will be over come with sensory input of gorgeousness and swoon for most of Sunday!!!!!

On another subject…..exciting technological break throughs this week. I have accidentally worked out how the hard drive on my DVD player works…..YAY. Have now successfully used it 4 times…unsuccessfully twice though. It is a bit of a confusing system the way I have everything hooked up to the telly…I sadly have the capacity to buy the stuff and then have to make up a system to put it all together. But I did get Stargate and Dr Who on it. If only I could find the blasted book. After having the blasted machine for nearly a year I am ready to read the instructions and of course it is no where to be found. I can find the book to use the record player my sister and I got from Santa when I was 12 but not the 2 cm thick tomb that will allow me to operate the space shuttle that is my DVD recorder.

The second technological break through is with my lap top. You can teach it to recognize speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well that’s not quite true…you can teach it to put its own interpretation on things you say to it .
I didn’t discover this amazing and potentially useless feature. Like many things at my job it is the Chinese Whispers Gossip network that provided the tip off. Thanks Mrs B and her contacts.
To give you an idea of how effective the speech feature is, here is a sample. I have been thinking I need to make sure the kids are actually singing the correct words to the national anthem at assembly so I was going to type it out. Oh wait I thought….I could use the exciting new feature because I am a truly sucky typist. I think you will agree that the results are a feat of lyrical excellence.
Feel free to sing along.

Australian so let us rejoice for we are young and free for a week
With golden’s oil and well for toilet our home is good bye to see
Al and abounds in nature’s gifts or beauty of rich and rare
In history is paid to read every stage
of fans Australia fair
and enjoy full strains then let us seen
as fans are stranded thereare at the venue

And I did ALL of the training sessions to teach my lap top to recognize my voice.
Now I am really worried ….when I talk to my class…is this what they hear????????????? Is this the sense they make of my pearls of wisdom????
It might explain A LOT !!!!

I am now off to do my planning…..THAT should be interesting.
I would have loved this feature years ago when one particular Infant Mistress used to mark our planning….I couldn’t blame it on the biro but now I would be in with a fighting chance of an excuse.

4 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger 2paw said...

I love your new National Anthem. I shall be flushed with excitement when I sing it!!!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I enjoyed the new DR Who last night as well.

The Dr in his jim jams was a bit hilarious but he's oh soooooooo cute in them.

Cathy

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Suzi said...

Dear Mrs MacGyver, as per your request to eat spaghetti out of Ben Browder's lap, in your own home you can eat it from whom ever's lap your please, but I am afraid in a public eatery the Food Hygeine Act would be breached.

Shmae. Back to the drawing board for a new restaurant idea.

Dr Who was quite good! I ma very jealous of the sneak preveiw some people had!

Suzi

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

My kids pointed out to me the fact that the new Dr was in one of the Harry Potter movies!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home