Friday, May 26, 2006

Lord Preserve Me

With the help of 2paw I designed a good little learning task to follow up the excursion . As I was only doing it with the grade 4s...(grade 5 are at sport on Friday ) I though ...No Problem. It is a bit fiddly but we'll be fine...just me and 14 kids.

LORD PRESERVE ME

In a nut shell...cut out 2 large circles, cut out a viewing window, draw the spots to put the pictures, join with a split pin so you can turn one piece revealing the tiny pictures and a simple describing sentence.
(At this point my imaginary husband would have been pretty darn handy. With 28 pieces of cardboard, scissors, tape, split pins, photos and glue he would have created a scrap book to rival anything Hi I'm Sandy Genovese (Austar 5.30 daily) could produce.
But I digress


I made an example at home and took it with me.
I made another example in front of them.....lots of excitement...all were very keen.
Then began what I like to call...puppy enthusiasm...all drool and out of control , oversized paws.

I will colour code some of the interactions. Welcome to my life.

Reading by colour...me in red , the kids in blue

Draw around a large round thing....a cup?...no a large thing....this cup?...NO a BIG round thing....can I borrow the cup next?..........

Only cut one window...but I've done 3....I'll just cut one more.

Only cut one window... I bags this window ( running to to door) ?????????

Find the middle for the pin...middle of what ( look around confused)

What/Where is a split pin?...box marked split pins wasn't a big enough clue!!!!!

Put your pics in order...no...dont just glue them down. ....think about the order..no...dont just glue them down..... NO DONT JUST GLUE THEM DOWN.

SIGH.
Go and get another copy of the pictures.

I've cut my pictures too small.....hands teacher pictures cut down to less than 1cm x 1 cm

Put an arrow to show which way to turn the picture circle......a number of stupid statements and actions- too many to type...#$^%*)(&&Y^%&^*&^*(^%$#%^##$#$%^$$&. Picture much re-cutting-re-gluing-re-writing-rerereripping off the incorrect sodding tags and re-chucking them in the bin.( oops...sorry
)

And so we soldiered on until every one had finished and until they put the headings on the front circle in a manner which in some cases suggested they did the lettering blindfolded and with fingers stuck together with sticky tape ( well.....more than a suggestion perhaps....I kind of stopped looking too closely by then)...they worked really well.

And the Grade 5s were impressed and a bit jealous that they had missed out. So did i say they could do it next week? After all that? Would anyone be that insane?
Yep...Grade 5s on Monday.

Lord Preserve Me

4 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger 2paw said...

Hi, I'm here to help!!!!

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger 2paw said...

Would you like to be jammed, jellied, salted or pickled????

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger MrsDrWho said...

Pickled in vodka and coated in chocolate thanks.
Mrs Mac

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Suzi said...

If I can stop rolling on the floor laughing, I will offer some advice, perhaps you should think carefully about any suggestions 2paw gives you. Perhaps it was an evil plan to torment you!

Ah, well I hope you have survived today with the Grade 5's. Who surely will be better organised.

Suzi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home