Monday, September 11, 2006

The Vampire Emerges

I have solved the problem of needing an afternoon nap. It is remarkably easy. Wanna know how???? (get missiles ready)
DON'T GET UP UNTIL 1 PM !!!!!!
It works a treat...it is nearly 3.30 pm and I don't feel tired at all!!
Yes...it is day 2 of the holidays and I have reverted to vampire hours again. I wasn't going to but I think it may be a genetic imperitive. When I shared a house with 2 night shift workers it was a perfectly logical thing to do ...and lets face it...in my family the idea of 'normal sleeping hours' is a flexible notion at best. Work forces me to adhere to a more conventional arrangement but once to holidays come round I can't seem to help but stay up half the night and sleep half the day.
No, I don't go up in flames if I go into the sunlight...although my peaches and cream complexion (well....ruddy and wrinkled ) tends to sunburn easily and merlot is a very acceptable blood substitute. There is only one neck on which I desire to nibble ...and his ears ( and a few other bits perhaps)
So what are my holiday plans???? Doing it now...... lie in bed watching my new husband at work , sleep, read, eat, potter on the internet, look at the list of jobs..and then ignore it. Good plan?? It is working so far.
So to all of you out there muttering ...bloody teachers .... too many holidays...GET STUFFED.
They are your kids...you had them...you can look after them for a few weeks...I'm busy!!!!!!!!
TTFN

3 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger 2paw said...

Have you left AmyP a foot measurement????

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger MrsDrWho said...

Yes...I used a piece of ribbon and a quilting ruler. I am sure the results will be completely accurate and useful to her investigation!!!!!

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Suzi said...

A less than foolsih idea! One of my desires for retraining into a new industry, the oh so talked about "unsociable hours" required in hospitality.
Unsociable? Unsociable? More like dream job hours! I envy anybody who gets to work nights, being a chronic insomniac dosen't help for normal slumber routines.

And then there's the small matter of the burning sensation when I go out into the sunlight....what could it be?

Suzi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home